Monday, June 30, 2008

10 Year High School Reunion


This weekend was my 10 year reunion. I can not believe that it has been 10 years since I was in high school. I went to high school in Green River, Wyoming. Ellie and I went up a couple of days early so we could spend some time with grandma and grandpa. On Friday my mom, Ellie and I had a Girl's Day Out. My mom and I had pedicures (my first ever) and then we went out to lunch. Ellie sure did enjoy the crackers! Saturday morning there was a tour of my old high school. Only a few people showed up because they scheduled it for the same time as the Flaming Gorge Days Parade. Everyone knows at least one person in the parade. Flaming Gorge Days is a huge event in Green River. After the school tour, Ellie and I went to see my old house. The new owners have done a lot of neat landscaping. It was weird to see it, though. My big reunion dinner was Saturday night at a new steakhouse in Green River called JLT's. Ellie stayed with a babysitter for the first time ever (non-related). Surprisingly, I had a lot of fun. It was really good to catch up with some of my fellow classmates. There were quite a few people who I wished would have come. Anyway, it was a good experience.
While we were in Wyoming, Ellie tried peas for the first time. It was fun for Mommy and Grandma but I don't think Ellie loves them quite yet.


Saturday also marked a milestone in my life. That morning as I was getting ready, a gray hair popped right out of the top of my head. I could not believe it! Don't worry, though. I showed that hair who's the boss.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hope you had fun at your reunion. I think it is intersting to see where some people have gone and done who you never expected to do that and to see were people you thought would make it crash and burn. Did you go see the old h.s. or the new h.s?

I have been thinking about stopping by the house but I don't know if I can do it. It still makes me sad when I think about it!

About the gray hair. That is funny! Mine is coming soon I think. Scary!