Thursday, October 9, 2008

Journal Jar Thursday

Name a book you loved, and tell why?

I love books. Most of the time I read picture books, but occasionally I get a chance to read a grown-up book.

Some of My Favorite Picture Books
-Fancy Nancy
-Tikki-Tikki Tembo
-Hug
-The Widow's Broom (good for this time of year)

Favorite Picture Book Author's
-Chris Van Allsberg
-Jan Brett
-Mem Fox
-Donald Crews
-Dr. Seuss
-Eric Carle
-Leo Lionni
-Steven Kellogg

I can't help it. I love picture books. They are so fun. They usually have a good message/lesson. Plus, so many of them have fantastic art.

As far as chapter books or grown-up books goes, I love Harry Potter. I was a little obsessed whenever I got a new Harry Potter book. I also recently read The Life of Pi and I found it a very good read. I wish I read more grown-up books but that's alright. I'll take what I can get.

Sorry! I can't pick just one. Ask any of my students, whenever I read them a book it's "one of my favorites".

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Yay Liz! You are blogging again. I knew Emily's journal jar idea would catch on and I find myself really excited about Thursdays because I love reading everyone's posts.

Emily said...

I love Tikki-Tikki Tembo! My sign language teacher signed the book once. It was stinking hilarious!